Back to All Events

Creative Saskatchewan - BUSINESS CAPACITY GRANT

  • Creative Saskatchewan Regina, SK (map)

OPENING: MAY 21, 2018

DEADLINE: JULY 16, 2018 at 4pm

For more information visit the website.

What the grant supports

If your Saskatchewan-based business in one of our six creative sectors is up and running and ready to grow, this grant could help you expand, or become more efficient.

For example, this grant could help cover costs of an entrepreneurial skills course, or expenses of attending a conference that will help your business build a stronger professional network. You might choose to propose other projects or activities, as long as they are intended to help your business expand.

If your business is bustling, this grant is intended to help you keep up to surging demand.


What the grant doesn't support

  • activities that focus on technical skill development, like music lessons, acting workshops, etc.

  • business operating expenses


What support is available

Projects may be funded up to 50% of the approved budget.


Application tips

  • make a strong case for how the activity you'd like to pursue will help your business grow

  • include a detailed timeline of what you'll be doing, and when

  • back up your proposed budget with quotes from vendors

  • provide as much detail as you can to establish the reputation and credibility of the individuals and organizations your activity will connect you with

  • explain why the right time to do this is now

  • spell-out your business' short-term and long-term goals


After You're Approved

When you're approved, 80% of the funds you've been awarded will be delivered when you sign the letter of agreement.

The remaining 20% of the funds are delivered after the project is complete, and we're approved your final report.

For projects receiving $100,000 of support or more, the first payment is reduced to 60%, with the remaining 40% payable after your final report is approved.

You'll be required to keep your program officer up to date with any changes you might need to make to your project.

You'll be required to acknowledge Creative Saskatchewan's support. Here's how.


Official grant guidelines

Applicants must read the official grant guidelines.

In the event of a discrepancy between the official grant guidelines and any other source of information about our grant programs, the official grant guidelines will take precedence.


Applicants must read the Creative Saskatchewan Investment Fund Guide, which contains terms and conditions that apply to all grants.


Deadline Information

This grant accepts applications at any time, as long as funds remain available.

Juries adjudicate applications twice each year. 

The deadline to be considered by the next jury is July 16, 2018 at 4pm.

Results will be delivered within 8 to 10 weeks.

Applications received after July 16, 2018 at 4pm will be adjudicated in early 2019, funds permitting.


Client Success Stories

Many clients have enjoyed commercial success with support from this grant. Some of them agreed to share their story with us. Have a look to see what's possible:


Application Documents

These are the documents you'll need to apply for the grant:

Please note: this grant is closed to Music sector applications this fiscal year.


Reporting Documents

If you've received a grant, you'll need to report on exactly how you put it to use. Here are the forms you'll need:

Final Report Form