SaskCulture Funding Opportunity
TYPE OF FUNDING: Project Funding
The Métis Cultural Development Fund (MCDF) program seeks to fund activities that preserve, strengthen and transmit Métis culture, traditions and leadership in Saskatchewan.
Maximum Grant Amount: Up to 80% of eligible project expenses, to a maximum of $10,000.
Priority will be given to projects that will provide a significant opportunity to preserve and promote Métis culture and identity.
Priority will be given to:
- Projects that contribute to the retention and revival aimed at building long-term cultural awareness and pride;
- Projects that promote a high level of access and participation in Métis cultural activities;
- Projects that involve researching, documenting and/or sharing Métis culture;
- Projects that use innovative and unique methods to transfer knowledge between generations;
- Projects that demonstrate strong community support and partnerships;
- Projects that have significant youth involvement, and/or are based in the province’s northern and rural communities.
- Projects that have not received an MCDF grant in the previous year;
- Projects and organizations not already funded significantly by other Lottery supported grant programs; and
- Organizations who have not received funding support from MCDF in the past, to develop and expand their impact in this area.
Registered, non-profit, Métis community groups based in Saskatchewan, or registered, non-profit community groups partnering with a Métis community or organization, that have a primarily cultural or multicultural mandate are eligible to apply.
Before You Apply
Step One – What is the Métis Cultural Development Fund?
Download and review the MCDF Guidelines (posted in right-hand column).
Step Two – Who Can Apply?
Download and review the Applicant Eligibility Guidelines (posted in right-hand column).
Step Three – Is your project eligible?
Download and review the MCDF Project Objectives and Priorities guidelines (posted in right-hand column).
Step Four – What Costs are Covered?
Download and review the Eligible Expenses guidelines (posted in right-hand column).
Step Five – Are You Ready to Apply?
Download and review the Application Checklist & Sample Questions (posted in right-hand column).
Step Six - Contact Us
Contact Outreach Consultant Dominga Robinson at (306) 780-9295 or email email@example.com before submitting an application
Step Seven - Apply!
Sign up or log-in to SaskCulture’s Online Grant Platform to complete and submit your application.