This is a quick reminder that your 2017-2018 SATP membership has now expired. Why renew your membership? It's simple. Because you care about the health, vibrancy, and success of theatre in Saskatchewan. That's it. Not sure how you fit in? Saskatchewan’s professional theatres are vital for our communities.
Last year, your membership helped SATP strengthen and create a positive impact by building:
· Successful advocacy initiatives with the creative industry sector in Saskatchewan and Canada;
· Reinforcing relationships with national service and theatre organizations;
· And a creation of a new agreement with Creative Saskatchewan to receive official operational support as the 7th industry association from the agency. This funding will allow us to explore more opportunities with all professional live performing artists to collaborate and create multi-disciplinary art worthy of national dissemination.
This year, we hope to accomplish even more. We are looking at new, innovative and valuable opportunities for our members. Our long-term plans are exciting; as a member you'll be the first to hear about them.
A member is able to participate and influence discussion, receive distributed communications, and enjoy discounted prices for workshops and events for designers, actors, playwrights, directors, administrators, and educators all important in our creative industry. As a member, a representative from your organization can:
· Vote on motions during our AGM
· Have a say in the bylaws and practices of the organization
· Submit events and photos to the community events calendar, news and information to send to our mailing list
· Receive our e-mails that contain updates, job opportunities, and relevant information.
For those who have already renewed for 2017/18, thank you! And a special thank you for your patience as I learn my new Executive Director role. Last year Cynthia and Lauren at On The Boards made it look easy but you wouldn’t believe how busy they were in the background. When you see either of these ladies, say thank you as a SATP member.
We couldn’t do it without our founding members just like you! Please join our organization for another successful year by renewing your membership today. Attached, you’ll find a copy of our membership application form. Alternatively, you can submit your application and payment on our member portal at: https://sasktheatreprofessionals.ca/membership/ .
If you have any questions about the renewal process, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 306-361-2312 or email@example.com. As always, we thank you for your continued dedication to growing our organization. Please find enclosed some business cards to pass along to other professional associates. We look forward to serving you for another year!
Colleen Ostoforoff, Executive Director