Employment Opportunity for Gordon Tootoosis Nikaniwin Theatre for GENERAL MANAGER
Posting Date: September 22, 2017
Deadline for Applications: October 6th, 2017
Location: Saskatoon, SK Primary
Purpose: The General Manager is responsible for the production and presentation of innovative cultural theatre experiences that engage and empower First Nations, Metis and Inuit youth, artists and the greater Saskatchewan community.
Nature of Work: The General Manager (GM) is responsible for the day to day operations of the company in cooperation with the Artistic Director (AD). Together they execute the organization’s strategic direction and uphold the vision, mission and values of the company with the support of the Board of Directors. The General Manager is responsible for overseeing the effective administration of GTNT including the activities of all employees, and maintaining positive and effective relationships with all stakeholders. The GM will also make every effort to uphold, honour and respect the Saskatchewan First Nations, Métis and Inuit cultural heritage and will adhere to the Mission, Vision and Values of GTNT.
Education and Experience: A relevant undergraduate degree is required along with 3 to 5 years of progressive experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. The required skills and abilities for this position is to possess strong fiscal/budget management experience, human resources experiences; the ability to lead a team effectively, and possess strong interpersonal skills. In addition the candidate must have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with potential funders. The ability to engage the Aboriginal and theatre communities is necessary for this individual to succeed.
· Knowledge of First Nations, Métis and Inuit customs and protocols particularly Saskatchewan based
· A demonstrably strong track record in producing theatre, with particular experience in respect to text-based theatre
· Strong skills as a manager or organizational leader
· Experience in working effectively in collaboration and partnership both in a production context and where appropriate across companies and institutions
· Outstanding communication skills in a range of professional contexts
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong HR management knowledge and experience leading staff in a team environment
· Comprehensive knowledge of current theatre scene and excellent sectoral awareness
· Ability to build and maintain good relationships in the business community to help the company diversify its revenue base through partnerships and sponsorships
· Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining good relationships with funders and demonstrable track record with securing income from funders of all kinds
· Excellent administrative and organizational skills with an emphasis on project management
· Working knowledge of Quickbooks and Microsoft Office
· Competency in financial accountability; forecasting, planning, budgeting, and monitoring cash flow within a not-for-profit charity
· Oversee a fund development plan with an emphasis on the ongoing stewardship of donors in cooperation with the Board of Directors
Salary Information: The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Cover letter and resume to be sent to the attention of the GTNT Board of Directors and emailed to: email@example.com