Respectful Workplace Seminar
DATE AND TIME
Mon, 21 May 2018
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM CST
Regina Soundstage (3rd Floor)
1831 College Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 4V5
We all have responsibilities when it comes to creating and maintaining a respectful workplace. Understanding the roles of employers, supervisors, and co-workers when it comes to prevention, response and practical strategies is key to a successful workplace.
The entertainment industry is motivated to educate and create a positive workplace environment and this seminar is part of an industry wide initiative.
This seminar has been designed specifically for the entertainment industry, and you will learn from a film professional.
The seminar will examine:
• employment laws
• safety regulations
• employer policies and collective agreements that directly relate to dealing with workplace conflict.
You will explore:
• Relevant laws
• WCB policies
• Union collective agreement and employer’s policies that prevent and deal with discrimination, bullying and harassment.
• Recognizing the potential for workplace conflict
• Dealing with incidents or complaints, including investigations
About the Instructor:
Natasha Tony works in Vancouver BC as an Assistant Steward for the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees Local 891. IATSE 891 represents workers in the motion picture industry; Natasha specializes in conflict resolution and labour relations.
Building on the skills she has learned studying mediation, negotiation and coaching at the Justice Institute of British Columbia, Natasha has developed and presented workshops and master classes for the BC Federation of Labour, Canadian Labour Congress, BC Government and Employees Union, BC Teachers’ Federation, Federation of Post-Secondary Educators, United Food and Commercial Workers, Women in Film & TV – Halifax, Directors Guild, various IATSE locals and Summer Institute for Union Women (SIUW).
• Participants must be 18 years of age or older to register and attend.
• Enter Soundstage using the WEST PARKING ENTRANCE.
• There is Free Parking (West side lot).