Dekker Centre, North Battleford
DEADLINE May 15, 2018
DEKKER CENTRE for the PERFORMING ARTS
Seeks qualified General Manager
Six years old, the Dekker Centre is a state of the art, 380 seat performing arts theatre and conference centre located in west/central Saskatchewan. It serves a market area of approximately 30,000 people and is the centre of cultural activity in the region. The Centre is owned by the City of North Battleford and managed by an independent not-for-profit Board of Directors. The Centre is looking for a General Manager who will have the following responsibilities:
• budget development and finances
• supervision of staff, facilities maintenance and risk management
• the booking and coordination of professional artists, and companies to be presented at the Center
• marketing plan development & implementation
• contract negotiation and closing of conference sales
• ticketing of events, artist liaison and support;
• building and maintaining patron ,volunteer and supplier relationships.
• development and sponsorship planning and implementation and grant writing
• public relations
• Self- motivated
Experience & Qualifications
A University degree and four to six years of proven event and/or facilities management experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience, especially in a related field (i.e. hospitality, artist management, facility management, event planning/management) may be substituted for the degree requirement. Keen attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tact and excellent communications skills are necessary. The ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously is also a must. Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays above and beyond normal working hours. Driver's license required for frequent local travel.
Resumes accepted until May 15, 2018. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org