As a member-based organization, we are our members.
As a member-based organization, we are our members. Why become a member? It's simple. Because you care about the health, vibrancy, and success of theatre in Saskatchewan. That's it. Not sure how you fit in? It's easy to find a membership category that's right for you.
SATP membership cycle runs from July 1 - June 30.
What are the benefits of membership?
A member is able to participate and influence discussion, receive distributed communications, and enjoy discounted prices for workshops and events. Your membership provides you to:
· A membership card where representation is designated.
· Your membership is tax deductible.
· A voice - Members receive voting eligibility at the SATP AGM. Have a say in the bylaws and practices of the organization and participate and influence discussion.
· Communications - Receive distributed communications through SATP e-news letter, news listings online, twitter, links and postings on each social media site. Our online newsletter provides news, information on local, national and international organizations and events, performance opportunities, tips, interviews, and articles on business and creative topics and the latest news, opportunities and job postings in Saskatchewan.
· Advocacy - We represent the Saskatchewan theatre industry’s interests to a wide variety of provincial and national panels and stakeholder groups. We speak for your interests and update you on information that could affect you and your career.
· Opportunities - Networking sessions to chat with local peers.
· Promotion - Our website and Facebook page are jam-packed with content, news, events, tips, opportunities and promotions of our professional theatre organizations’ events.
· Submit events -Tell the world about your events through SATP’s community events calendars, news or information to be passed on to our mailing list.
· Directory listings - Showcase your membership individual or professional organization with a link and short organizational description on our website linked on our online members’ page.
· Workshops - We present a variety of workshops/seminars that cover information you NEED to know! Members get in free or at a discounted rate for workshops, training and mentorship programs and events.
· Discounts - Receive a special discounted membership rate to Theatre Alberta, home to Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library with over 22,000 titles of playscripts, musicals, periodicals, and reference materials. Email for more details.
· Equipment Loaning - We offer the use of SATP’s office projector and projector screen (if available upon request by email).
· Advice - We offer numerous opportunities to learn, including one-on-one meetings.
· Funding Tips - SATP is the provincial representative for professionals working in theatre and can offer guidance with applications to other agencies such as Creative Saskatchewan’s grant management system.
· Access - We offer access to Respectful Workplaces in the Arts policies, workshops and support for a national Code of Conduct for the Performing Arts.
· Resource Page for Respect & Equity - SATP’s Resource Page tools directly related to the theatre community who experience sexual harassment, assault or abuse.
· Links for Online training videos - for artists/workers/employees.
· Links for Online training videos -for employers/boards.
· Links to SATP podcasts - talking about the theatre industry, Interactive Digital Media and its role in theatre & live performing arts with augmented reality, interviews with mid-career & senior career theatre artists that offer advice to other emerging theatre & live performing artists.
SATP is constantly advocating for the live performing arts industry as we build better structures, best practices through the creative industry and offer potential opportunities for partnerships, and networking opportunities. For more questions about membership, please contact us or join now! Thank you for your on-going support!